Red tomato chutney, traditionally made with ripe tomatoes, tamarind , red chilly powder, curry leaves and essential flavors of garlic to make it truly spicy tomato chutney…..
2 Tbsp. cumin seed
1 Tbsp. mustard seed
2 Tbsp. dhania seeds
½ Tbsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. chilly powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. oil
10 grams tamarind
2-3 garlic chopped
1 onion chopped
3 medium sliced tomatoes
Salt to taste
Cilantro to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding the oil.
- Add the cumin seeds is cracked add the onions .Onions is until lightly cook.
- After that add the tomato, dhaniya seeds, chilly powder , turmeric, salt to taste and chopped garlic and mix well.
- Cover the pan after mixture comes to boil and let it cook for 6 to 7 minutes on low medium heat. Tomato should be soft but still be in slices.
- Add the tamarind and cilantro, sugar and let it cook for another minute and switch off the stove and remove from heat.
- Blend little coarse add water to adjust required consistency and season.
- Remove the chutney into a serving bowl.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil, add mustard, cumin seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add seasoning to the chutney. Mix well and serve.
- This chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed paratha or white rice. Enjoy The Tomato Chutney……… !!!!!!